Header/Navigation Bar

Monday, July 14, 2014

Crockpot Mac and Cheese

Well Lovies, it's Monday again! Our weekend was a whirlwind. I'm dragging this morning and can't seem to get myself together. So I thought I would post this recipe I made over the weekend. It was a big hit! Every single bit was devoured! Bonus.. it's easy...

A coworker brought this to a work potluck. I am not always the biggest fan of mac and cheese but this one was on point! She passed along the recipe and I couldn't wait to make it. This is my Hubs favorite thing I make. His entire family requests for me to bring this at every holiday and event. It's super easy! I modify Paula Deen's recipe.

Ingredients:
2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (an 8-ounce box isn't quite 2 cups)
2 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese and monterray jack cheese (I probably error to more than less of this amount)
1/2 cup of sour cream
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed Cheddar cheese soup
1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt
1 cup of milk (whatever % you have is fine- I usually use 2%)
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Boil the macaroni in a 2 quart saucepan in plenty of water until tender, about 7 minutes. I dump everything into the crockpot- drainer macaroni and all other ingredients. Stir well and occasionally stir. Cook on low for 2-2.5 hours. I always use a crockpot liner because this cheese would be a nightmare to scrub! I also have a large crockpot and double this recipe for family events. I've even made this with gluten free noodles for a cookout and it was still amazing! Pictured below is the recipe above x2 since it's a larger crockpot.


I got this super cute crock pot carry bag for a wedding gift. I love it! It's perfect for carrying this dish off a cookout or party. Bonus- it's super cheap!



No comments:

Post a Comment